Thursday, May 3, 2007

We've got a great show this weekend and oh yeah my car got totalled

It was just a few weeks ago, as I was sent spinning in my freshly mauled SUV across the median of a large intersection, the result of a crazed drunken Korean club kid (yeah, they actually make those) blazing through a red light at over 70 mph, when I started thinking - "Man, I can't wait to give our fans what they really want - a muy caliente Cinco De Mayo musical fiesta in Thousand Oaks!"
So after both my airbags deployed and I had stumbled from my smoking wreck to pee on the nearest lawn, I realized there would also be tons of neat carnival fun (including games, treats and more!) at the Canejo Valley Days festival that you and your loved ones will enjoy and hopefully remember forever.
And of course during my treatment in the emergency ward the next morning I couldn't help but sigh in relief that admission to the festival would be extremely reasonable and the new entertainment venue "The Hang" a great area for you to enjoy our sexy rock and roll musings in maximum comfort.
But it really wasn't until I starting hassling day and night with my insurance company that I fully realized how happy I'll be to see some of your wonderful faces in person dancing to your favorite jams. Because Lord knows, if it had been a crazed drunken German club kid who ran that light, I wouldn't be here today to tell my story.
Ernstlich, vielen Dank für alle Ihre freundlichen Gedanken und Liebe!
- Al Unser Brent

No comments: